May 7, 2009

Mommy. Needs. Help. Now.

Dear Angie,

Please help me. My kids are making me crazy. Every time I walk into the bathroom, it looks like a cyclone hit it. There is water everywhere, towels, washcloths, hair product, straightening irons, curling irons, toothpaste...HELP ME!!! It never ends. I've asked them to clean up after themselves, I've yelled, and I've punished, yet nothing works.

WHAT CAN I DO?

Signed, At Wit's End


Dear Mental Mommy,

Calm. Down.

This is part of that thing you viewed longingly and lovingly: Motherhood.

If only there was a Kid Whisperer. I have two...no, three...suggestions.

First: Have another bathroom put in, just for the kids. Then you'll never know.

If that's cost-prohibitive, try my second suggestion: Next time you walk into that pigpen, take everything that isn't where it should be and hide it. Don't start doling out towels and curling irons and hairspray until things change.

If this doesn't work, go to your doctor and tear into a rant about your kids. You'll be getting Mommy's Little Helper in no time. In fact, you might want to skip Options 1 and 2 and go directly to your PCP.

Sweet dreams, Angie